Goji berries are one of the most nutritionally-rich fruits on the planet, packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and antioxidants. The Goji berry fruit flavour resembles a combination of cranberries and cherries, and like acai, is a delicious superfood which you can enjoy in a number of ways.
Often called a Wolfberry, Goji berries are considered a complete source of protein and regarded as a top longevity and strength-building food. A single Goji berry can contain up to 21 trace minerals, including zinc, iron, copper, calcium and 18 different amino acids.
The plant that produces these delicious gojis, Lycium barbarum, is a unique strain that has been used in Asian traditions for thousands of years.
Lets read about some of the benefits of Goji :
- They are high in antioxidants, specifically the carotenoids (like beta-carotene) and zeaxanthin (compound that absorbs blue light and help protect the eyes).
- The antioxidants in the berries are thought to help fight off free radicals in the body.
- Goji Berries have about 20 different vitamins and minerals, making them one of the most nutritionally beneficial foods available.
- They have 18 different amino acids (the building blocks to protein).
- This is super yummy and super high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Eat straight out of the bag, or as a dressing or a dip for fruits, veggies or salads.
GOJI VERY BERRY SAUCE
You need :
1/2 cup Organic Traditions Goji Berries, soaked for 1 hr.
1/2 cup blackberry or raspberry
1 cup young coconut meat
2 pitted dates
1/2 tsp orange zest
Enough coconut water to turn over in blender
Put it in the refigerator for an hour.